Call 01622 813870
or contact us

for impartial advice on the BEST SIXTH FORM COLLEGES from Education Advisers Ltd


Abbey College Cambridge - A Top 10 Sixth Form College 2018


Cardiff Sixth Form College - The Top Sixth Form College 2018


CATS Canterbury - A Top 10 Sixth Form College 2018


Concord College - A Top 5 Sixth Form College 2018


D'Overbroeck's - A Top 25 Co-educational Boarding School 2018


Hurtwood House - A Top 5 Sixth Form College 2018


Oxford International College - A Top 5 Sixth Form College 2018

Personal Tuition

It is possible to employ a personal tutor for most GCSE, AS or A2 Level subjects, either to teach the entire course or to strengthen a student’s mastery of a course which they have already been studying. Personal tuition can take place in the student’s home or at work or at a designated tuition centre. You should be aware that a personal tutor is always going to cost more than going to a college – anywhere from £40 to £80 per hour + expenses is normal. Additionally, when it comes to full courses, we would maintain that students often benefit from being in a classroom environment. Indeed some courses require so much practical work (e.g Chemistry), it is unrealistic to be tutored at home.

Some colleges may require your child to pass entrance tests as well as be interviewed in order to consider them for admission. As a generalisation these tests would only be used by colleges at the top of the league tables which we publish on this site. They might require tests in the subjects to be taken in the sixth form and this includes the IB Diploma Programme.

If you are applying for a scholarship, then there may be separate tests or auditions.

We have arrangements with several very experienced private tutorial groups for one to one specific course or entrance test tuition. If you let us know your requirements we will be pleased to put you in touch with someone who will be able to help. This can even be provided outside of the UK, where either the tutor comes to live with the family or conducts the lessons over Skype.

Please phone us on +44 (0) 1622 813870 or submit an Enquiry Form.


Oxford Sixth Form College
David Game
Hurtwood House2
Cardiff New
Bath Academy
expert advice